1.20.2009

Obama Look-Alike Shoots to Fame in Indonesia

Obama’s popularity has really spread like a wildfire not only in the US but in the world. Everything from streets, hotels, and even babies are being named after the newly elected President of the US and there are tons of weird memorabilia out there...

For one this photographer in Indonesia named Ilham Anas, instant fame has been thrown at him because of some striking resemblance to the Obama. He even scored a TV commercial in the Philippines...



The whole thing initially started as a joke for Ilham.

“When Obama won, my colleagues played a practical joke on me — they made me wear a suit, a tie, and took pictures of me posing as Obama,” said Ilham.

“The pictures spread very quickly on the Internet. It was phenomenal. Then TV stations and an advertising agency got in touch with me.”

Ilham says he is often mistaken for Obama and people ask to take pictures with him.

“I never thought I would be a star in a commercial, then this happened. It’s very fortunate,” Ilham said.

read the article here

[sources 1 2]

No comments:

Post a Comment

write on my notebook!