10.23.2008

ellen degeneres' message to sarah palin



on her talk show, which airs today, Ellen joked, “I told you all I’ve been watching CNN a whole lot lately. I’ve been watching it way too much I think because they’ve invited me to their Christmas party.

she continued, “I don’t know if you saw this, but Vice Presidential Candidate, Governor Sarah Palin says she’s that in favor of a federal ban on gay marriage. Basically wants to change the constitution.

“So if you’re wondering, I’m sure you are, how I feel about this. I don’t like, I don’t like it. I don’t agree. Maybe it’s because I’m gay that I think we should all be equal. but I feel that we’re all equal.

“I don’t know what people are scared of maybe they think that their children will be influenced. I gotta say I was raised by two heterosexuals. I was surrounded by heterosexuals just every where I looked heterosexuals and they did not influences. I mean I dabbled in high school, who didn’t? Everyone dabbled, ya know?

“People are gonna be who they’re gonna be. And we need to learn to love them for who they are and let them love who they want to love.”

4 comments:

  1. it is normal for her to defend herself on this issue. we all know what she is. I got nothing against her, I know she is a good person but I am sure not every gay person wants gay marriage as well.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah it's all about the preference naman...

    some want it some don't

    let's just let's just people be. i don't think there's anything wrong with gay marriage though...

    spread love ^^

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Ellen. We have to open our eyes, minds and hearts to the issue of homosexuality. It's not a disease and whether we like it or not, we have to face the fact that homosexuality is normal, and natural. We have to give homosexuals the same rights as other people.

    ReplyDelete
  4. yeah me too i agree with ellen

    let's not suppress gays and lesbos of celebrating their love

    ReplyDelete

write on my notebook!